Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What's Up Duck?

Hideeho...how long has it been since my last entry? 3 months? Yup...that's about it. No wonder my wife was complaining that I haven't blogged. Well it's not that I don't want to blog, just didn't have the words to ramble or type about.

Oh yeah...

I got hitched. Yup. Married last July 4th 2009. Heh...it was an amazing journey from the preparations to the day itself. There were a lot of challenges (mainly financials...others were fine) but thankfully with blessing from our parents and Allah the Almighty...we're now husband and wife. Our engagement was on the 10th of May and we had only less than 2 months of wedding preparations. God knows how hectic it was and how trying things was for us. I remember I was missing my dearest fiance since she had to go back to her home in Rawang for the preparations, and there were a few instances that we accidentally hurt each other with words...trust me, no matter how strong you think you are, when your readying for marriage...anything can happen...

It's been a month plus I've been married. Had to make some changes especially to myself and had to adjust to a few things as well. Remember, I'm not alone anymore...I come in a pair...LOL...

Here's some shots of the wonderful and amazing days that me and my wife went through...

Engagment 10th May 2009


Nikah 4th July 2009, 11 a.m.


Reception 4th July 2009, 8.30 p.m.


Bersanding 5th July 2009, 11 a.m.


Who came? A lot of people. And I mean a lot! On my wife's side there was about 1000 people invited and on my side almost that much. But the best thing was those who came were those who are close to my heart. It meant a lot to me for them to be at my ceremony. Close friends, colleagues, ex-colleagues and also our students came. It was magnificent.

My dear students which came...




I was truly honoured by my new family. The whole reception that night was something I never thought I would go through. They have accepted me with open arms and I couldn't ask for more. No matter what, I will never ever forget those two wonderful days where I became more than a man, but someone's husband. A role that I have longed and dreamed for. And I finally am. I know its a big responsibility and I hope that will fit the role and soon another role, a father.

What are my feelings? A mixed and jumble one that is, but its more to happiness...proud that I took the step and joy that I chose well. I thank Allah for what he has given me. Everyday...Every minute.

My wife, my love and my life...Irina Hariati, you are the best decision that I made in my whole entire life. The hurdles that we went through to be together and the life we lived till we met is something that I do not regret going through. If not for the life before us, we would not appreciate each other and love each other as much. I am thankful. I am complete and I am contented. You have given me the world and much more, and I would like to be and to give just as much if not more for you my dearest wife...

So until my next entry...I bid you all adieu...

The new groove has come...and I'm sailing through it with my eyes and heart open...

1 comment:

Berlian yg Ceria~ said...

jiwang karat btol laki bini nie..

huwaa sedih aku x dtg..